This information was emailed to all our Grade 5 parents, but if you have had problem’s opening, please see attached. We have also posted a copy to the Parent Information Board at your child’s school.
Thanks, Spencer Middle School
Pizza Lunch-Whole School
It’s official – Lakewood Elementary won the Battery Blitz competition in December! Our prize, a pizza lunch for the school, will be granted on Monday, January 21st. Students have placed their orders with teachers and will receive one piece each on Monday at lunch. This prize did not include snacks or drinks so families will need to provide those items for their child.
We are looking for parent volunteers to assist the distribution of pizza at 11 am on Monday so please let Ms. Deichmann know if you can assist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acting Vice-Principal & Grade One Teacher
Lakewood Elementary School
See the PAC Representative from 8:00am to 8:30am, by the front doors of the School.
Please see below order forms for tickets for our upcoming Winter Concert. Due to the size of the school, Division’s 11 to 20 will be performing in the morning, the performance starts at 10:45am. Division’s 1-10 will be performing in the afternoon, with the performance starting at 1:45pm (the doors for both performances open 30 minutes prior to show time).
We have sent the ticket order forms to family’s in each of these groups only. Do to the size of the school and number of students, we are once again limiting ticket orders to 2 tickets per family, with the option to order an additional 2 tickets if they become available. If all requests have been met and additional tickets are still available, we will let you know.
If you are having issues printing, paper copies can be picked up in the office.
Bryan Johnson, Principal
Please find the attached link for information regarding what we are offering and order deadlines for Spirit Wear.
More information can also be found on the main page of the hot lunch website, https://lakewood.hotlunches.net.
Please direct your questions to email@example.com as this is a PAC initiative.
Good afternoon families,
As you know, we are having our used battery drive at Lakewood Elementary. The batteries will be picked up this Thursday at noon. Please bring them into the school for the next three days so our students can win a pizza lunch for our whole school! Recycle boxes are located on top of our recycle stations in the school. Additionally, if you have a large container of used batteries, they can be placed across from the office below our mural.
Thanks for your support with this worthwhile campaign!
Bryan Johnson Principal
Lakewood Elementary School
Call2Recycle collects and recycles almost 3 million kg of batteries each year. That’s equivalent to the weight of 1,000 African elephants! You can do your part to make sure more batteries are recycled by participating in the Battery Blitz School Mission!
Your Mission is to recycle as many used batteries as you can by bringing them into your school and disposing of them in the Call2Recycle collection boxes.
The school that recycles the most batteries will win* a Pizza Party!
Here’s How it Works:
- The Battery Blitz Mission will kick off in participating schools during the live Earth Rangers Assembly.
- Battery collection boxes will be set up and students will be asked to bring in their used batteries over a 3 week period.
- In addition to common, single use batteries, any battery less than 5kg can be brought in to be recycled, including those found in:
- Power tools
- Video game consoles
- Digital and video cameras
- Cellphones and cordless phones
- Watches (with the exception of wet-cell batteries)
- For safety reasons, we ask that you please cover battery terminals with tape (electrical/duct/packing) before bringing the batteries to school, as some types of batteries can spark when their terminals touch metal or other batteries. Please refer to Call2Recycle’s Terminal Protection Guidelines for more info!
- After your 3 week period of battery collection is completed, your school must call Purolator at 1-888-744-7123 to have your battery collection boxes picked up.
- All batteries will be collected and weighed, and the school that collects the most by weight will win* a Pizza Party! The winning schools will be posted here in December 2018.
Call2Recycle collects and recycles almost 3 million kgs of batteries each year. To find the nearest Call2Recycle collection site, please visit www.call2recycle.ca.
Fun Day volunteers needed 8:30AM to 12:00 on Tuesday, June 26th, please contact Ms. Willner in the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 250 474-3449 if you are available to help at one of our many stations, during this fun school event.