Good afternoon families,
As you know, we are having our used battery drive at Lakewood Elementary. The batteries will be picked up this Thursday at noon. Please bring them into the school for the next three days so our students can win a pizza lunch for our whole school! Recycle boxes are located on top of our recycle stations in the school. Additionally, if you have a large container of used batteries, they can be placed across from the office below our mural.
Thanks for your support with this worthwhile campaign!
Bryan Johnson Principal
Lakewood Elementary School
Call2Recycle collects and recycles almost 3 million kg of batteries each year. That’s equivalent to the weight of 1,000 African elephants! You can do your part to make sure more batteries are recycled by participating in the Battery Blitz School Mission!
Your Mission is to recycle as many used batteries as you can by bringing them into your school and disposing of them in the Call2Recycle collection boxes.
The school that recycles the most batteries will win* a Pizza Party!
Here’s How it Works:
- The Battery Blitz Mission will kick off in participating schools during the live Earth Rangers Assembly.
- Battery collection boxes will be set up and students will be asked to bring in their used batteries over a 3 week period.
- In addition to common, single use batteries, any battery less than 5kg can be brought in to be recycled, including those found in:
- Power tools
- Video game consoles
- Digital and video cameras
- Cellphones and cordless phones
- Watches (with the exception of wet-cell batteries)
- For safety reasons, we ask that you please cover battery terminals with tape (electrical/duct/packing) before bringing the batteries to school, as some types of batteries can spark when their terminals touch metal or other batteries. Please refer to Call2Recycle’s Terminal Protection Guidelines for more info!
- After your 3 week period of battery collection is completed, your school must call Purolator at 1-888-744-7123 to have your battery collection boxes picked up.
- All batteries will be collected and weighed, and the school that collects the most by weight will win* a Pizza Party! The winning schools will be posted here in December 2018.
Call2Recycle collects and recycles almost 3 million kgs of batteries each year. To find the nearest Call2Recycle collection site, please visit www.call2recycle.ca.
Fun Day volunteers needed 8:30AM to 12:00 on Tuesday, June 26th, please contact Ms. Willner in the office at: email@example.com or phone 250 474-3449 if you are available to help at one of our many stations, during this fun school event.
Act Fast! Don’t Delay!
A reminder to everyone that yearbook orders are due by this Friday. Those wishing to purchase one please go to the hot lunch order website ACCESS CODE IS: LWHL and place you order once you are logged in. If there are any problems placing your order please send an email through the help option of the website.
Dear Lakewood families,
Our Spring fair is just two days away. Please read the attachment from PAC regarding the event.
More information can be found on the school website or the PAC Facebook page.
See you all Thursday night!
Read all about the upcoming Family Fun Fair: May 24 2018
Orders must be completed by Friday, June 8th in order to allow time for printing and delivery. In an effort to be good eco-warriors we will only be taking online orders. Please visit https://lakewood.hotlunches.net to complete the order form and submit your payment online. Yearbooks will be delivered to students during the final week of school.The 2017/2018 edition of the Lakewood yearbook is almost complete. The yearbook will be a collection of individual, team, and candid black and white photos. Students have also prepared some writing for the publication. It is a great way to remember the year! Yearbooks can be purchased at a cost of $8.50 each.
Good afternoon everyone,
Staff and students are busy preparing for tomorrow night’s Spring Showcase, highlighting all of the great learning that is happening at Lakewood, see attached for more information. We are hoping that everyone will take the time to stop by. The event goes from 5:30PM until 7:00PM, with the singing presentations starting at 6:00PM in the gym with the Kindergarten students, followed by the choir at 6:15PM.
We hope to see everyone tomorrow night.
Bryan Johnson, Principal
Lakewood Elementary School
Please see attached information: